- 100 hours of classroom
- 20 hours of observation in the training yard
- 20 hours of skills training
(turns, backing, pre-trip inspection, etc.)
- 20 hours over-the-road training
(shifting, controlling speed and distance, etc.)
This program is designed to provide students with necessary knowledge and skills to pass CDL examination.
Your lesson time will vary depending on both your and instructor’s available time.
- Behind The Wheel instruction is to be private, 60 minutes each lesson.
- The law requires that a student carries his/her Permit at all times while operating a motor vehicle.
- If for any reason you cannot make the scheduled appointment, you must notify the school at least 24 hours in advance to avoid
- The school reserves the right to change the time of the lesson in the event of equipment failure, instructor’s illness or other emergency.
- In case of Skill Test or Road Test failure 2 additional lessons (60 minutes each) are required ($140).
- There is NO CHARGE for re-test.
- Additional training exceeding 40 hours will be an additional charge to the program cost.
- All students are required to be drug tested prior to beginning behind the wheel instruction in a commercial motor vehicle. The student must also be enrolled in a random drug screen program until such time the student leaves the school and may be subject to random screen.
- Students are responsible for CDL Drug screen fee and DOT physical fee.
- Tuition reimbursement will not be made for students who fail the drug screening. The student will be unable to complete the course until a negative drug screen is on file with the school.
- The student must complete the entire course within 9 months from the date of the first classroom lesson. If by any event student fails to do so, they must pay the difference in tuition increase.
- It is the sole responsibility Expert Driving School to determine if and when a student is prepared to test.